- Mission Statement
- Board of Directors
- Policies & Reports
- Joint Ventures
- Awards & Recognition
Founded in 1974, ABC Technologies is one of the world’s leading automotive systems and components manufacturers.
We cover every facet of the plastics processing technologies, systems and components for the global automotive industry, Fluid Management, HVAC Distribution Systems, Flexible Products, Interior and Exterior Systems and Air Induction Systems. Ranked as one of the top industrial automotive blow-molders in North America, our manufacturing processes include Blow and Injection Molding, Thermoforming, Sheet Extrusion, Interior and Exterior Painting and Material Compounding. We provide comprehensive support and services, from advanced research and development to overall project management.
Our distinction is our vertical integration. We produce products from concept to production for a constantly growing number of unique automotive components and systems. The research and development, materials, design, testing, tooling, machines, processing technologies and secondary assembly systems are all supplied and controlled within our own company. To our customers this means faster development, increased design flexibility, improved efficiencies in manufacturing and assembly, significant cost savings, and enhanced quality and performance.
Our mission is to be the world-leading automotive components and system solutions provider for our global customers by delivering best-in-class products and services that are rooted in cutting-edge innovation.
To achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction we focus on excellence in design, quality, advanced engineering, supply chain management, lean manufacturing and precise launch activity.
To support our initiatives, we adhere to a corporate philosophy of always conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards and values in all of our business dealings, treatment of our employees and social environmental policies.
We maintain a corporate culture where workplace diversity and inclusion is a critical component of our success. We develop, retain and attract exceptional people, all within a collaborative environment where workplace safety is always a priority.
With continuous operational improvements, innovation and a strong competitive position for serving our global automotive customers, we are positioned for long-term growth that will benefit our customers, employees, and communities, and provide superior returns to our investors.
ABC Technologies is led by an experienced management team with 150 years of combined public and private company auto industry experience at both OEM and auto parts manufacturing peers across North America, China, and Europe.
Todd Sheppelman is the President & CEO of ABC Technologies. Todd brings to ABC Technologies more than 30 years of experience in the automotive components industry. He has a great blend of global business experience, effective leadership and broad expertise in many areas including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategy and Executive Management.
Todd was recently Chief Executive Officer of Air International Thermal Systems, a supplier to the global automotive industry. Prior to this, he was with Visteon Corporation as Vice President and General Manager responsible for the General Motors global business unit. Todd also held the positions of Director of Marketing and Planning for the company’s powertrain division, Plant Manager of Visteon’s Rawsonville manufacturing facility, Sales Director for powertrain products, Business Unit leader for the powertrain business unit with Ford, and head of sales of Visteon’s entire product line portfolio to the automaker.
Todd began his career as a Sales Engineer for Delco Remy, which later became part of Delphi Corporation. Throughout his career with Delphi, he held various Sales, Marketing and Engineering positions, including serving as Chief Engineer in Europe for electrical products, and Director of Sales for interior, safety and lighting products in North America.
Todd holds a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the University of Illinois and received a prestigious General Motors Fellowship to Stanford University where he earned his MBA. He served as Chairman of the Oxford Kids Foundation, a non-profit charity which funds medical treatments for children with disabilities, chronic illnesses and traumatic injuries not covered by insurance.
Pelle brings to ABC thirty years of experience in the automotive components industry. He has extensive global experience in Europe, China and North America and diverse functional expertise in sales, purchasing, finance, engineering, program management, manufacturing, and general management.
Pelle was most recently President of Tower International in Livonia, Michigan, a $2 billion supplier of automotive structural metal components and assemblies and previously a Cerberus portfolio company. Before this global role, he ran Tower’s European operations while based in Cologne, Germany.
Prior to his time at Tower, Pelle spent twenty years at Autoliv, the world’s largest automotive safety supplier, a $9 billion global company headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. During his time at Autoliv, he held multiple assignments of increasing responsibility including Vice President Sales and VP VW Global Business Unit, SVP European Seatbelt Operations, VP European Technical Center, Managing Director Hungary Operations and President of China.
Pelle holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Lund in Sweden and is a board member of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, a German research organization focused on applied science.
David Smith, CPA, is the Chief Financial Officer of ABC Technologies. David has more than 30 years of experience, working primarily with global automotive suppliers. David graduated magna cum laude from Eastern Michigan University, passed all parts of the CPA exam on the first sitting and spent the first five years of his career at Ernst & Young rising to the level of Manager. From there David has worked for four different automotive suppliers (Simpson Industries, Federal-Mogul, Key Plastics and Key Safety Systems) under both public company and private equity owners. David’s assignments over this time have come with increasing responsibility including building global finance teams for large multinational companies, M&A (diligence on buy side and sell side, deal negotiation, financing), process improvement leading to faster and more accurate financial information, IFRS implementations, turn-around situations, cost reduction and working capital optimization.
David Ellacott is the Chief Human Resources Officer of ABC Technologies. As CHRO, David is responsible for global Human Resources.
David brings extensive knowledge as a strategic thinker, business driven Human Resources Leader with over 25 years of experience in industries such as automotive, fast moving consumer goods and logistics across Canada, the United States and Mexico.
David has a proven track record in championing business transformations, change management and building and leading top performing teams. Some career credits include crafting and implementing an employee value proposition to drive business strategy, shaping a high performing culture, successful negotiations of collective agreements, and designing and implementing a total rewards repositioning strategy.
In his career, David has held senior HR leadership roles including Vice President of Human Resources for Imperial Tobacco Canada. Prior to joining ABC Technologies, David held positions with organizations such as Wesco Distribution, Tenneco Automotive and Ford Motor Company.
David holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Labour Studies from McMaster University.
Stuart Greidanus is the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). As CCO, Stuart is responsible for sales, engineering, marketing, advanced product development, and program management. Stuart brings extensive knowledge of sales and automotive experience from his previous 30 years working in the industry. Prior to ABC Technologies, he worked 11 years as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Van Rob Stamping, later sold to Kirchhoff Automotive. He also spent 13 years at Magna International, Exteriors Division, advancing to Vice President of Sales and Engineering. He has immersive global responsibilities, including an Expat assignment in Europe with Magna and from his experiences at GKN Powder Metallurgy and Gates Corporation.
Board of Directors
ABC’s corporate governance practices ensure that the Company keeps a balanced Board of independent and non-independent Directors that maintain ABC’s adherence to the Company’s by-laws and fair treatment to all stakeholders. Governance practices and documents are reviewed on an annual basis to ensure adherence to industry best practices.
Environmental, Social, Governance
ABC Technologies is committed to having a positive social impact by supporting the environment, customers, our people, and community members. We adhere to the highest ethical standards and values in conducting business and in implementing our Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) policy.
Policies & Reports
Learn about our Environment, Health and Safety policies, and annual toxic reduction reports for a comprehensive look at our commitments.
Since our founding, ABC Technologies has pursued strategic partnerships that will enhance our delivery and selection of products for customers. We have joint ventures located in the US, Mexico, China and Canada.
- Supreme Casting Formed.
- ABC Plastic Moulding started by Supreme with one blow-moulding machine.
- ABC Plastic Moulding makes first automotive part.
- Salga Associates formed by Partners.
- ABC Group formed with purchase of ABC Plastic and Supreme Casting by Partners.
- Polybottle acquired by ABC Group.
- MSB Plastics formed.
- Salga Inc. formed in Toledo, Ohio.
- Salflex Polymers Ltd. Formed for material development and R&D.
- Plastic Moulding Group Limited formed. (International Operations)
- Polybottle Group Limited, Edmonton, Alberta, formed. (Formerly ABC Packaging Ltd.)
- LCF Manufacturing formed.
- Joint venture agreement with Inepsa in Spain Plasticos ABC S.A.
- Group Product Development formed.
- ABC Group Limited formed. (U.S. Operations)
- International Sales & Engineering Inc. formed by ABC Group (50%) and Todd Stewart (50%)
- Multi-Layer Plastics Ltd. Formed.
- ABC Packaging Ltd. commenced operations of new plant in Vancouver, B.C.
- The sanding operations of ABC Plastic Moulding commenced operations in Concord, Ontario
- Salga Plastics Inc. commenced operations of new plant in Gallatin, Tennessee.
- ABC – Nishikawa Industries Inc. Formed as joint venture in North America for Instrument panels and soft trim with Nishikawa Kasei Co. of Japan.
- First Canadian Automotive Parts Supplier to Manufacturer in Japan: N-A Plastic Co., Ltd. formed as joint venture in Japan for blow molding between Nishikawa Kasei Co. and ABC Group
- Salga Products Inc. new plant in Newark, Delaware.
- Canadian Plastic-Pak, new plant in Vancouver, B.C.
- ABC Industrial Products commences business operations.
- Polybottle Group Limited, Vancouver, B.C., formed. (Formerly ABC Plastic-Pak Ltd.)
- ABC Group formed a joint venture in Germany for the marketing and development of blow-moulded products
- ABC Plastiepuma S.A. de C.V. commenced operations of a new plant in San Juan del Rio, Mexico.
- All Packaging Divisions merged to form Polybottle Group Limited.
- ABC Group Sales & Engineering Inc. formed.
- ABC Group International Technologies Inc. formed.
- ABC Automobil Formteile GmbH in Germany and Plasticos ABC Spain, S.A. become wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Multi-Flex Plastics Inc. formed dedicated to production of sequential extrusion products.
- Supreme Mould Limited formed.
- ABC Group (Canada) Ltd. formed. (Canadian Operations)
- ABC Plastiepuma plant expansion and name change to Grupo ABC de Mexico, S.A. de C.V.
- ABC Air Management Systems Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Tech Centre established in Toronto, Ontario.
- Supreme Tooling Inc. in Indiana, becomes wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Metal Products Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Exterior Systems Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Interior Systems formed.
- PDI Plastics Inc. Acquired.
- International Sales & Engineering Inc. owned and fully managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Group Fuel Systems Inc. formed.
- Extrusion Technologies formed.
- ABC Group Do Brasil Ltda. Formed.
- MSB Plastics Manufacturing Ltd. Becomes wholly owned and managed by ABC Group.
- ABC Group Japan Inc. formed.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V. Second plant established.
- ABC Group Sales & Marketing Inc. established world wide.
- Undercar Products Group Inc. established in Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.A.
- ABC Flexible Engineering Products Inc. (formerly Extrusions Technologies).
- ABC Interior Systems Inc. (formerly ABC Group Interior Systems).
- ABC Exterior Systems Inc. (formerly ABC Group Exterior Systems).
- Polyform Engineering products (formerly PDI Plastics Inc.).
- ABC Automotive Systems Inc. established in Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Humberline Packaging Inc. formed.
- ABC Group Global Sales & Marketing Inc. formed in Korea.
- ABC Group sales & Marketing (China) Inc. formed.
- ABC Group appoints new leadership (Helga Schmidt, President & CEO, Robert Kunihiro, Co-Managing Director & Mark Poynton, Co-Managing Director).
- ABC Group Fuel Systems announces strategic alliance with YAPP Automotive Parts.
- ABC Group Undercar Products expands and moves to new manufacturing location in Wyoming, Michigan.
- First Canadian Tier One auto parts supplier to receive WBE certification.
- ABC Group announces joint venture agreement with China’s Ningbo INOAC Huaxiang Automobile Products Co. Ltd.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Ningbo, China
- ABC Group signs Global Alliance agreement with Japan’s INOAC Corporation.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V opens Plant 3 in San Juan del Rio.
- ABC Group JV in Poland; Graform…
- Helga Schmidt becomes President, Chairman & CEO of ABC Group of Companies.
- ABC INOAC JV in North America. ABC INOAC Exterior Systems Inc. (LLC) is formed.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Shenyang, China.
- Grupo ABC de Mexico S.A. de C.V opens Plant 4 in Queretaro.
- ABC Group sells its Fuel Systems division to Rongshi International Holding Company Ltd.
- Mary Anne Bueschkens becomes President & General Counsel of ABC Group. Derrick Phelps becomes Deputy president and Chief Strategy Officer of ABC Group. Helga Schmidt is Chairman & CEO of ABC Group.
- ABC Group & Cornaglia open JV manufacturing facility, ABCOR Filters Inc. in Toronto, Canada.
- ABC INOAC Huaxiang Co., Ltd. (AIH) opens manufacturing facility in Wuhan, China.
- ABC Group begins work on new manufacturing facility in Poznan, Poland.
- ABC Group acquires a license of RocTool Technologies for Automotive Applications.
- ABC Group & INOAC open ABC INOAC de Mexico paint facility.
- ABC Group acquired by Cerberus Capital Management, L.P.
- Mary Anne Bueschkens becomes CEO of ABC Group. Derrick Phelps becomes President and Chief of ABC Group. Mark Poynton continues to lead operations as Executive VP and COO.
- ABC Technologies appoints Todd Sheppelman as new President and CEO, David Smith becomes CFO, and Ken Friedman becomes COO.
- ABC Group changes its corporate identity to ABC Technologies to reflect ongoing initiatives.
- ABC Technologies Releases First Inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
- ABC welcomes Pär (Pelle) Malmhagen as new Cheif Operating Officer
- ABC Technologies Announces Medical Devices Business Unit
Awards & Recognition
Globally, ABC Technologies has been recognized for the value we bring to our automotive customers. The awards and recognition we continually receive is a testament to the hard work and passion of our people. Since 1992, ABC Technologies has won over 100 awards.